The MYP is a five-year programme for students aged 11 to 16.
In Ljubljana, it is divided between two schools: the first three years, levels 1 to 3, are offered at Danila Kumar Elementary School and the last two years are offered at Gimnazija Bežigrad.
The student’s intellectual and social development is the focus of the Middle Years Programme. Although the MYP insists upon study of the various disciplines it stresses the links between them and advances the holistic view of knowledge.
IB programme models highlight important shared features of an IB education:
- Developing the attributes of the learner profile
- Approaches to teaching and approaches to learning
- Age-appropriate culminating experiences
- An organized and aligned structure of subject groups or disciplines
- Development of international-mindedness as a primary aim and context for learning